HHN 26 – All but One House Announced!
Yesterday, Universal decided to release details of all three of their original houses PLUS all five scare zones! It was quite an exciting time. This tallies us to 8 out of 9 houses, 5 scare zones, and 2 shows! The event is packed yet again for another year of crazy fun, only this time, Chance is in charge. And thanks to a tweet from the official HHN twitter account (Hollywood), we now know they decided to do all of the properties fans request most often. Since Hollywood and Orlando are duplicating many houses, this comes as no surprise. Check out the newly released details below!
Lunatics Playground 3D – You Won’t Stand A Chance
While Jack’s away, Chance has unleashed the horrors of her imagination. Her twisted delusions and reality are continuously blurred in a 3D playground of carnage. When the music box plays, the world shifts to her sinister theatre of the mind. But when the alarm starts ringing, Chance is thrown back into the brutal reality of her incarceration.
Ghost Town – The Curse of Lightning Gulch
When lightning strikes, the curse of Lightning Gulch comes to life and this ghostly town appears. These doomed souls—who once went searching for gold—found death and destruction. And now they seek others to join them. As thunder cracks, flashes of lightning will lead your way through this treacherous wild west nightmare. Good luck!
Tomb of the Ancients
An ancient evil has surfaced and immortal beings from the past have returned to rule mankind. It was only a matter of time until “The Ancient Ones” were unearthed. Now these makers of chaos are loose from the pits of hell—and the whole world will pay.
- Survive or Die – A global catastrophe has ruined Earth’s atmosphere. One group of survivors secured a machine that provides clean air. The two other surviving groups are on the hunt to gain control of the machine and are recruiting new members to help them. You can either join them or feed their starving ranks. Which will you choose?
- Banshee’s Lair – Travel deep into the forest where evil spirits and horrific creatures of the ancient world roam free. Mother Nature’s magical barrier of vines has been torn away and the modern world has found the entrance to this corrupted grave.
- Dead Man’s Wharf – When a fishing vessel named Annabel Lee never returned to the harbor and was lost forever, the wharf was left uninhabited as a memorial to her. Now, a strange fog has rolled into the village. And the long-lost fishermen’s spirits seek to punish the town that left them.
- Vamp 1955 – Welcome to Hollywood High School’s 1955 Homecoming Parade. Everything is in place, until the greasers roll into town with fangs instead of switchblades. It’s a procession of chaos with vampires ready to take a bite out of anyone in sight.
- A Chance In Hell – Get ready for the audition of a lifetime. Chance may be locked away, but that hasn’t stopped her. As the alarms ring and the bloody remains of those who tried to stop her lie around, she’s busy recruiting cellmates to join her biggest act yet. (I hope I get chosen!)
- Academy of Villains: House of Fear – Join this high energy performance troupe of inmates in an explosion of insanity that will thrust you into a realm of mayhem and maniacal terror featuring dance and specialty acts. The Show Must Go On!
- Bill and Ted’s Excellent Halloween Adventure – No Halloween Horror Nights would be complete without these “excellent” dudes! The Wyld Stallyns return with an all-new Halloween adventure.
So lets take a look back at the rumored map I posted last week. Thanks to UOAP advertising, we know for sure Tomb of the Ancients, Halloween, and Texas Chainsaw Massacre are in the correct corner. The HHN Orlando twitter also confirmed Krampus is in the Shrek building, just like last years Alice house. So it’s looking like this map is becoming more and more accurate. There just leaves one very big house left to be announced! They’ve dropped hints that it will be ‘horror’ and we’ll ‘freak’ leading to thoughts that the American Horror Story rumor is actually true!! Time will tell, but Universal is clearly very confident this final house will be a huge announcement.
So here’s my take on the new original houses. Lunatics Playground 3D – You Won’t Stand a Chance sounds like a fun and creepy 3D house. I’m a little bit concerned that two years in a row the 3D house is an asylum theme, but one was fantasy and the other is realism, so I’m sure this will be much scarier. Asylums in general are a scary theme so this should be all sorts of fun.
Ghost Town: The Curse of Lightning Gulch sounds like a nice throwback to a more classic time of haunted houses. If you weren’t aware, this is actually a sequel to a house from the early 2000s. Not that I was living down here to have experienced it, so I won’t get an references as per usual, but with it being in a sound stage, expect the sets to be large, detailed, and awe inspiring. They already reported this house will feel authentic from its facades, to bars, etc. I’m excited to see what this house has in store for us. It could become one of my favorites of the season.
Lastly, Tomb of the Ancients has quite the potential. It’ll probably be claustrophobic and cramped with tight corridors. I’m sure we’ll get to see mummy creatures as well as ancient Egyptian creatures. I just hope this doesn’t come off as corny. But it could be a fun house regardless.
As for the scare zones, Chance is getting her own house PLUS a scare zone, which is bonkers. A Chance in Hell should have some good classic scares. Vamp 1955 sounds very retro and like an incredible amount of fun. I’m most excited to see how Dead Man’s Wharf and Banshee Lair are pulled off. It seemed like they should have the most detail with lighting and set design, so fingers crossed. And Survive or Die, well, that just sounds silly to me. This could be the bore of the scare zones. But we’ll see.
And finally, the shows. No HHN is complete without Bill & Ted’s show. If you’ve never been to a Halloween Horror Nights, be sure to make time to see this show. It’s a riot every year and a staple for this event! I’m sure they have plenty of good material for this year’s show. Academy of Villains: House of Fear will be on the stage set up outside of the Horror Make-up show where Jack’s show was last year. From the description of the show, it sounds like variety acts performed by asylum inmates. It wouldn’t surprise me if the show ends up being like a freak show of sorts with lots of dancing mixed in. It should be incredibly entertaining.
The three original houses and five scare zones join the already announced IP houses of Krampus, Halloween: Hell Comes to Haddonfield, The Exorcist, The Walking Dead, and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Will we get American Horror Story? Boy do I hope so! HHN 26 opens Friday, September 16. Tickets are on sale now!
Posted on August 11, 2016, in Universal Orlando and tagged Halloween Horror Nights, Halloween Horror Nights 26, Hard Ticket Events, HHN, HHN26, Park News, Seasonal Events, Universal Orlando, Universal Orlando News, Universal Studios Florida, Up Charge Experiences. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.