Star Wars: Galactic Nights Special Event Coming to Disney’s Hollywood Studios April 14
Are you a big Star Wars fan who misses Star Wars Weekends at Disney’s Hollywood Studios? Well after three years, they’re finally returning… sort of. Coming to Disney’s Hollywood Studios for one night only on April 14th, Star Wars: Galactic Nights will be a special event offering for Guests. Not to be confused with the Star Wars Celebration being held down the street at the Orange County Convention Center from April 13-16, this event will be an after-hours hard ticket event held at Disney’s Hollywood Studios from 7pm-12am.
Guests are invited to celebrate 40 years of Star Wars dressed in their favorite Star Wars costume while taking part in special offerings during this one night event. Check out the listing of offerings below.
- Rebel Base Activities – The Rebel Base will serve as the event hub. There, Guests will see a stunning, interactive projection featuring iconic Star Wars scenery while getting the chance to experience multiple events, hosted shows, Star Wars dance parties and more taking place in the center of the park.
- Celebrate the Saga – Throughout the evening, take off on an interactive journey that chronologically celebrates the milestones of 40 Force-filled years of Star Wars.
- The Star Wars Show on Location – Join the hosts of the popular starwars.com show as they interact with Guests like you… and film material for their weekly online program.
- Inside the Saga – Celebrity Chat – After a brief pre-show warm-up featuring the hosts of the Star Wars Show, hear from a Star Wars feature film cast member. As your host asks question after riveting question, their stories will be yours—including what it was like to perform before an audience of millions!
- Inside the Saga – Behind the Magic – Following a pre-show with the hosts of the Star Wars Show, learn what it takes to make some of cinema’s most beloved moments, as experienced by one of the Saga’s behind-the-scenes wizards. Their adventures will be yours as this special crew member explains all that goes into bringing the world—and worlds—of Star Wars to life.
- Galactic Nights Stars in Cars Motorcade – This procession will welcome in Star Wars celebrities down Hollywood Blvd. Here, you’ll be able to see some of your favorite Star Wars celebrities.
- Imperial March & March of the First Order – Get your cameras ready for the arrival of the dark side. Darth Vader will lead a battalion of stormtroopers on a dramatic march down Hollywood Blvd to the Event Stage. Captain Phasma will also lead a unit of First Order stormtroopers through the park, pausing to give a demonstration of power and strength.
- Can’t miss Star Wars photo ops – Don your Star Wars finest (see costume guidelines here) and enjoy iconic Star Wars backdrops, including Han Solo cast in carbonite, Jabba the Hutt’s Palace, the Hoth Wampa Cave and more. Not only does every scene provide the perfect backdrop for a photo, but each one plays an important role in the event’s Seize the Saga interactive scavenger hunt too!
- Seize the Saga Interactive Scavenger Hunt – Event Guests are challenged to collect Star Wars themed pieces at each of the photo op backdrops throughout the park, revealing a surprise when all items have been collected. After gathering the clues, Guests like you will be encouraged to act out your very own mini scene or capture a heartfelt message about your love for Star Wars—and post your moment on social media during the event.
- “Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away” – Watch high-energy clips of the best moments from the film saga juxtaposed with character moments on stage, featuring Chewbacca, Darth Vader, Kylo Ren and more.
- “Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular” – The skies will come alive with the power of the Force, as the park’s popular Star Wars-themed nighttime spectacular lights up the night.
And yes, there will be special character meet and greets!
- Stormtroopers on Patrol
As you board your shuttle at Star Tours – The Adventures Continue, get ready to come face-to-face with Imperial Stormtroopers patrolling the embarkation ramps in pursuit of a Rebel spy.
- Ewok Encounter
While you adventure through the forest of Endor en route to your flight with Star Tours – The Adventures Continue, prepare for a curious encounter with a few furry village inhabitants.
- Imperial March
Clear the way for Darth Vader as the feared-and-revered Sith Lord leads a battalion of Stormtroopers down Hollywood Boulevard during a dramatic Imperial March to the event stage.
- March of the First Order
Clear the way for Captain Phasma as this ruthless commander leads her squad of Stormtroopers up Hollywood Boulevard in a daunting demonstration of the First Order’s obedience and strength.
- Characters at Star Wars Launch Bay
Visit the Cantina at this popular Disney’s Hollywood Studios destination for a chance to interact with the most notorious bounty hunter in the galaxy, Boba Fett—and possibly even Darth Vader himself! And don’t forget Chewbacca, Kylo Ren, and the Jawas.
Guests will also be able to experience these other Disney’s Hollywood Studios attractions:
- Star Tours – The Adventures Continue
- Star Wars Launch Bay
- Star Wars: Path of the Jedi
- Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple
- Toy Story Mania!
- The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
- The Great Movie Ride
- Muppet*Vision 3D
- Voyage of the Little Mermaid
The event will be held at the park from 7 p.m.-midnight and will also feature Star Wars-themed food and drinks, special merchandise and much more. . The Star Wars: Galactic Nights ticket costs $129 plus tax for adults and $124 plus tax for children ages 9 and under. A Disney Vacation Club and Passholder discount is available. Tickets are limited, so call 407-827-7036 for more information or to book now.
Posted on January 13, 2017, in Park News, Walt Disney World and tagged Disney News, Disney's Hollywood Studios, Hard Ticket Events, Park News, Walt Disney World. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.